Super easy and quick, with great results every time. It's important to use French string beans, which are thinner, sweeter, more tender, and bake really fast.
- 1 pound French string beans, both ends removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- A pinch or two of red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F with the oven pan in the oven.
Toss the string beans with the oil and spices.
Spread the beans in one layer on the pre-warmed oven pan.
Bake for 3-5 minutes, until beans become slightly brown and are sizzling, but are still very crunchy and vibrant.
Correct the seasoning by adding salt or pepper.
Serve hot, or at room temperature.
Serves 8-10 as a side dish.