Roasted French string beans with toasted sesame
Super easy and quick, with great results every time. It's important to use French string beans, which are thinner, sweeter, more tender, and bake really fast.
- 1 pound French string beans, both ends removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- A pinch or two of red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F with the oven pan in the oven.
Toss the string beans with the oil and spices.
Spread the beans in one layer on the pre-warmed oven pan.
Bake for 3-5 minutes, until beans become slightly brown and are sizzling, but are still very crunchy and vibrant.
Correct the seasoning by adding salt or pepper.
Serve hot, or at room temperature.
Serves 8-10 as a side dish.